Duration: 4 Days
Price: 25,000 THB
The 4-day Medical First Aid at Sea (MFA) Course is the intermediate medical course after the basic course of elementary first aid. It is recommended for the crew working onboard superyachts, cruise ships, merchant ships, and oil/gas rigs.
The course covers the provision of medical first aid onboard a ship and will give in depth knowledge and practical experience of how best to treat a patient, using the kit and equipment available on board all properly equipped vessels.
Duration: 4 Days
Price: 42,000 THB
Price: 9,500 THB
Duration: 1 Day
The Advanced Fire Fighting course is intended for those who have completed the STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting course which is part of the mandatory basic training for seafarers.
The training consists of practical and theoretical elements with continuous assessment throughout and additional theory elements for those in command and team leader roles. Each learner must take charge of a team and/or area of operations to safely demonstrate the relevant learning objectives.
The course content deals with refreshing the theory of fire and how to prevent it, on-board safety in the event of a fire, use of portable and other fire fighting equipment, and being an effective team member in fighting a fire. It also covers topics such as ventilation control, hazards involving dangerous goods and the effects of fire fighting water on ship stability.
The course is intended to provide five learning outcomes which are:
- Understand the principles involved in controlling fire fighting operations onboard a vessel
- Able to control fire fighting operations aboard ship
- Able to organize and train fire parties
- Able to inspect and service fire detection and extinguishing systems and equipment
- Able to investigate and compile reports on incidents involving fire
On completion of the training, the trainees will have knowledge of advanced fire fighting techniques and the precautions to be taken to minimize the risk of fires on ships.
Duration: 5 Days
Price: 29,000 THB
Price: 19,000 THB
Duration: 3 Days
The course is delivered in accordance with Regulation VI/4, paragraph 2 and Section A-VI/4, paragraphs 4 to 6 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended.
The course is for candidates designated to take charge of medical care on board ship and for candidates gaining certificates of proficiency. The training consists of practical and theoretical sessions.
The topics focus on:
- Participation in coordinated schemes for medical assistance to ships.
- Providing medical care to the sick and injured while they remain on board.
- The diagnosis of medical problems on board ship